Are you in need of Information on Imports and Exports?
CASPNET offers consulting services at affordable prices on any Customs related matter. Just fill in the form provided to state your requirements and we will respond to you.
Leon Marais Consultancy Services in association with Caspnet.
GDP Global Associate Director: Trade: Africa
Leon is Associate Director at GDP Global, specializing in trade affairs.
He is a specialist in Harmonised System Customs tariff / statistical classification, and specifically in Southern African Customs Union matters such as import compliance and import and export control regimes.
As a leading consultant, Leon advises, briefs and trains blue-chip clients on the management of international trade regulation and techniques related to successful approaches to international trading. Leon also keeps his clients briefed on changes to best practices in international trade and advises them on the impact of national and regional legislation on international trading conditions.
Leon is the author of the ‘Jacobsen's Guide to Classification’, a Guide to the Southern African Customs Union Customs Tariff/Statistical Nomenclature (that is the Common External Tariff of SACU comprising Botswana, Eswatini (previously Swaziland), Lesotho, Namibia and South Africa. The HS-2022 based version of the Guide to Classification will be published soon.
Leon has undertaken many projects where he assisted global trade management companies with digital solutions.
They include the following:
- A landed cost solution based on the SACU Common External Tariff.
- A duty calculator based on the SACU Common External Tariff
- A content knowledgebase covering trade regulations of the five SACU countries – including their customs tariff. He provided content used in the development of export/import compliance solutions.
- Leon is involved in video content for GDP Know How (https://knowhow.gdpglobal.com/), GDP Global’s successful online learning platform. GDP Know How provides knowledge, knowhow and best practices to all investment, economic and trade promotion organisations worldwide.
- Developing an export compliance course for exports to Africa in conjunction with the trade compliance section of a leading South African exporter
- Developing and managing a three-year export trade promotion program in conjunction with the South African Department of Trade, Industry and competition for one of its division, Trade Investment South Africa.
- Customs consulting project with Ghana Revenue Authority. (GRA)